The Scientific Council is made up of 6 members, among whom a Chairman, a Vice-Chairman and a Secretary.
The Council convenes periodically, on the initiative of its Chairman, and organises all the initiatives it deems proper in the field of population, e.g. scientific meetings, round tables on policy-relevant issues, dissemination of information, etc.
It also makes proposals on practical issues (e.g. new members; membership fees) that the general Assembly must approve.
Currently the members of the Scientific Council of the AISP are:
Gustavo De Santis
Francesco C. Billari
Main activities of the Scientific Council
- Preparation of the 2019 Edition of the Population Report
- Organisation of the Mid-term conference (February 2018)
- Organisation of the Italian General Biannual Population Meeting, XIII Edition 2019
- Promotion of Population Studies
- Academic promotion of Demography
- Relations with other scientific societies